Eye'ing the MK3 fogs and a spare set of stock B5 S4 fogs I had, there looked to be some possibility to making it work. Obviously I'm looking for simple functionality because the 3000k HID's I have in my stock fogs now just weren't being used to their full potential.
- Two projected fog lamps off a Mk3 VW Jetta/GTI VR6 or one of the various 4cyc variation that came with them.
- Epoxy, any high temp will do.
- Duct tap or a rubber boot to seal everything off.
- Lastly a pair of H3 bulbs. PIAA Ion are great for wet environments Or, if you are going to go with HID's you need a pair of H3C bulbs. They are slightly shorter in length which helps keep light from surpassing the beam cutoff shield. I went with this bulbs specifically: H3C: MORIMOTO 3FIVE
- Generals tools: Phillips screw driver, two pliers, small torch or lighter.
Yes, it's low budget but it works.
Ok now what? Well guys, you will need to wait for me to post my video. Please understand that when it is up, this is just going to give you a general idea how to perform this retrofit. The point of a retrofit in my opinion, is really to make it your own. So I'm not going to cover every little step in perfect detail. If that's scary for you... time to branch out. Don't mean to be a dick but this is seriously a pretty easy retrofit.
Anyway.... don't wear out your F5 button, I'll try and get the video up this weekend if not sooner.