Valve Cover Gaskets Replaced
My valve cover gaskets have been leaking for a few years now, but this spring it was getting really bad. To the point that the oil was getting on the exhaust and creating a lovely burning smelling within the cabin. Using the re-circulate is fine during the summer, but it would creating a fogged up mess if I had to use that during the winter. So I order the following kit from ECS Tuning:
I.P.M. Auto Service) and started the open heart surgery, as he likes to call it. As with most projects within this engine bay, 50% of the time is just getting stuff out of the way before you can even start replacing all of the parts. We didn't use every part in the kit, but here is what we did replace:
At the end of the day it was about 5 hours including a oil change to complete. The end result is to be determined at this point. When the the Valve Covers were removed, there was a fair amount of oil that leaked so it hard to tell what is new and what is previous. I'm think a few more days of driving should burn off the residual oil and then we can take a closer inspections to look for any leaks. With the oil change, I put in 0w-40, so if there is a leak, the thin nature of this weigh should find it when warm. Hopefully we are leak free.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
To all visitors, Amazon affiliate links are used on this site. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I do thank you for your help supporting this site and the projects associated with it.